EUROACE SPORT, Sport and Nature in the EUROACE is a cross-border cooperation project that aims to set up the EUROACE (Extremadura, Alentejo and Center of Portugal) as a destination of international excellence for sports practice in the natural environment, aimed especially at people elderly, people with functional diversity and families.
This project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), through the Interreg V-A Spain-Portugal Program (POCTEP) 2014-2020.
Six entities from Extremadura and Portugal participate in EUROACE SPORT: Extremadura Avante, the General Sports Directorate of the Junta de Extremadura, the Extremadura Public Employment Service, the Inter-municipal Community of Alto Alentejo (CIMAA), the Portuguese municipality of Idanha-a- Nova and the Portuguese public company Naturtejo.
The total cost of the EUROACE SPORT project, whose execution period is from 06/14/2017 to 12/31/2019, is 2.038.752,66 euros, with the total amount of FEDER assistance of 1,529,064.50 euros.
The EUROACE SPORT project promotes cross-border cooperation between companies and public agents that goes beyond sports practice.
In this sense:
- We will create a portfolio of products and services for athletes and their companions who, in turn, value our cultural, natural and scenic heritage.
- We will develop a network of innovation, entrepreneurship and improvement of competitiveness that promotes the economic engine of the region in the sports sector.
- We will establish a catalog of experimental training experiences that train professionals and companies related to sports and leisure and free time, which will allow them to compete with guarantees of success in the international arena.
- We will group in a single circuit all the sports events of interest that are held annually in EUROACE, building an ecosystem of cross-border physical activity experiences.
ACTIVITY 1: IMPULSE TO THE COMPANIES THAT WORK IN THE LEISURE AND LEISURE SECTOR, IN THE MANAGEMENT OF SPORTS EVENTS, THROUGH THE IMPROVEMENT OF THEIR PROCESSES AND SPECIFIC TRAINING.
- Action 1: Dissemination and recruitment.
- Action 2: Consulting service.
- Action 3: Support in the creation of innovative service packages around sports events and events.
ACTIVITY 2: IMPROVING PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION AND COMPETITIVENESS WITHIN THE PROFESSIONAL FAMILY OF PHYSICAL AND SPORTS ACTIVITIES.
- Action 2.1: Professional qualification through experience.
- Action 2.2: Training actions with certificates of professionalism.
- Action 2.3: Training actions of an innovative and / or experimental nature.
- Action 2.4: Specialized training for companies according to the needs detected.
ACTIVITY 3: SPECIALIZATION OF SPORTS EVENTS AS A MEANS FOR IMPROVING THE COMPETITIVENESS AND INTERNATIONALIZATION OF COMPANIES.
- Action 3.1: Specialization of the EUROACE SPORT sports circuit.
- Action 3.2: Improvement of competitiveness and internationalization of companies.
The Euroregion “EUROACE” is the group that consists of three regions: Alentejo (Portugal), Center (Portugal) and the Autonomous Community of Extremadura (Spain). It was founded on September 21, 2009 in Vila Velha de Ródão, with the signing of an agreement that, in effect, established the EUROACE working community. This event certifies the desire of the three regions to reinforce and boost their cooperation.
This new agreement is the legal basis for the creation of a larger Euroregion between these three regions. The idea is to start a new period of collaboration in which they can work together on projects that are closer and more useful for citizens, businesses and society in general.
The territorial scope of action of EUROACE includes the geographical area of the Alentejo, the central region of Portugal and Extremadura. It covers an area of approximately 92,500 square kilometers. In which reside 3,388,563 inhabitants (6% of the population of the peninsula).
Its territory is equivalent to almost a fifth of the land area of Spain and is superior to that of Portugal. It has a low average population density (37 inhabitants per km2) despite its enormous territorial potential.
Its strategic location in the southwest of the peninsula, compared to the large metropolitan areas of the Iberian Peninsula (Madrid, Lisbon, Seville, Oporto), as well as the Atlantic coast and the continental diagonal, give EUROACE a privileged status in the context of the new territorial territory of Europe.
Its territorial structure is composed of a wide network of medium and small cities. All have an adequate supply of public services and easy access to and from other regions, which will increase soon with the arrival of the high-speed train.
Some of the most characteristic places of EUROACE are:
Centro Internacional de Innovación Deportiva "El Anillo"
Polígono 24 de Membrillares, 10665 Guijo de Granadilla, Cáceres
Lago de Alqueva